Recent Refurbish / Paint / Wheels / Chrome / Seat Upholstery
Luxury Motorcars LLC
6529 Elvas Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95819
This 1974 Triumph TR6 has recently finished a very thorough and well executed restoration. The mechanical work was completed by a Triumph specialist who got the vehicle extremely well sorted for the owners that commissioned job. Work started in 2017 with new suspension, fuel tank, lenses and other miscellaneous items. Work ramped up in 2018 with a complete ground up engine rebuild and wasn't finished until 2022 when they were dialing in timing and servicing the car.
The entire car was repainted and the work was done by a local shop that is know for working on million dollar plus show winning tier vehicles. The paint is absolutely spectacular and would impress even the most meticulous car show judge. Work didn't stop there, other new components included: New Dash (Wood), Upgraded Headlights, Seats Reupholster, Tires, Mini-light Wheels, Tires, New Front and Rear Bumpers, Electric Cooling Fan, and New Top. Along with the sale are original Stock Wheels which have been Powder Coated and Tonneau Cover as well as Spare Trim Pieces. Stereo has been upgraded with new Speakers. It shows and drives fantastically. Ready to show or enjoy. Over $40k has been spent in the last 6 years getting it all sorted, the next owner will get to enjoy the fruits of this labor for years to come.
Why is the Triumph TR6 special you may ask? Well let me tell you.
1. Iconic Design:
- Distinct Look: Its design was a departure from earlier TR models. With the squared-off Kamm tail and prominent grille, it looked both modern and aggressive for its time.
- Collaboration: While based on the chassis and drivetrain of its predecessor, the TR5, the bodywork was reshaped by the German firm Karmann, giving it a distinctive European touch.
- U.S. Market: The majority of TR6s were exported to the U.S. Its popularity in the states was partly due to its balance of British charm and sporty performance, catering to the American appetite for roadsters.
- Consistent Sales: Over its eight-year production run, around 94,000 units were sold, making it one of the most successful in the TR series.
- Powerful Engine: The TR6 came equipped with a 2.5-liter straight-six engine. In the U.K., it had fuel injection, while in the U.S., due to emission regulations, it had carburetors.
- Sporty Feel: The car's rear-wheel-drive setup, combined with its torque-rich engine, gave it a sporty and engaging drive.
- Value Proposition: When compared to its contemporaries from other European manufacturers, the TR6 offered a lot of car for the money. This made it an attractive proposition for those looking for a sporty roadster without breaking the bank.
- Maintenance: Parts were, for the most part, easily available and not overly expensive, making it cheaper to maintain than some of its European counterparts.
- Analog Driving: The absence of power steering, electronic assists, or digital distractions means that driving a TR6 is a tactile and direct experience.
- Bond with Machine: Owners often speak of the connection they feel with the car, sensing every nuance of the road and the vehicle's responses.
6. Cultural Impact:
- Media Presence: Its appearances in movies and TV shows helped engrain the TR6 in popular culture, further boosting its reputation and allure.
- Symbol of an Era: For many, the TR6 encapsulates a particular era of motoring, representing the zenith of the classic British roadster before more stringent emission and safety regulations changed car designs.
- Classic Status: As the years have passed, the TR6's appeal as a collectible classic has grown. Its combination of looks, performance, and historical significance make it a favorite among classic car enthusiasts.
- Supportive Communities: A strong network of owners' clubs and online forums ensures that knowledge, parts, and passion for the TR6 continue to thrive.
In essence, the Triumph TR6 stands as a testament to a bygone era of motoring, embodying the spirit of the classic British roadster while maintaining a unique character that sets it apart.
Visit Luxury Motorcars online at www.luxmotorcars.com to see more pictures of this vehicle. You can also TEXT us or Call us at today to schedule your test drive.
* All features and options listed are descriptive of what can be expected on the vehicle. Actual options should be verified by the customer and dealer. Price may exclude tax, title, tags, government fees, any emissions testing charges, and any finance charges (if applicable). Unless otherwise stated separately in the vehicle details, price does not include processing, administrative, closing or similar fees. Please contact this dealer to confirm that this vehicle is still available. Current mileage may vary due to test drives and vehicle relocation.